Ginger Chilli Saag Halloumi and Cauliflower Rice
Ginger Chilli Halloumi
Fresh and tasty for a sophisticated meal. The salty chewy texture of Halloumi combines deliciously with the Ginger Chilli Sauce and Spinach to create an incredibly nutritious meal.
Ready in 30 minutes
2 medium sized Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 Tomatoes, sliced into quarters
1 large Cauliflower
2-3 tbsp Ginger Chilli Sauce
100ml low fat natural Yogurt
250gr pack of Halloumi, sliced into 1cm pieces
- Simmer the sweet potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Gently cook the onion in 1 tbsp oil for 3 minutes and add the tomatoes and spinach, and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Take off the heat and allow to cool slighly.
- Meanwhile, break the cauliflower into florets and steam or boil for 10 minutes or until tender, then roughly mash.
- Add the Ginger Chilli, yogurt and 200ml of water to the spinach and return to the heat, stirring until it begins to boil. Simmer for a few minutes, adding the sweet potatoes.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle pan and cook the halloumi until golden.
- Serve the cauliflower rice, top with the sweet potatoe and spinach, and finally add the halloumi