Grandpa Joe’s Smokey Chipotle stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
An easy starter or simple side. Quick and nutritious
1 tbsp Jethros Grandpa Joe’s Smokey Chipotle sauce
2 portobello mushrooms
1 tbsp olive oil
4 plum tomatoes
2 handfuls spinach
50g grated vegan cheese or mozzarella
- Prepare the mushrooms by wiping with a damp paper towel, to remove any dirt.
- Remove the dark black gills (optional) with the tip of a spoon. (They can be eaten, but can turn food into a dirty colour)
- Remove a thin slice off the bottom of each stem
- Brush the mushrooms with about 1 tbsp of Grandpa Joe’s, ensuring fully coated. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Add oil to a pan and cook the mushrooms on a low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn the mushrooms over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan.
- Leaving the juices from the mushroom in the pan, add the tomatoes and cook gently for 3 minutes
- Add the spinach to the pan and season with black pepper.
- Once the spinach has wilted, stuff the mushrooms with the mixture and return to the pan.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with vegan cheese or mozzarella.
Serve once heated through