Leek and Potato Green Chilli Soup
This super-simple leek and potato soup is given a twist with a splash of green chilli sauce, creating a mildly spiced and satisfying dish. Whats more its nutritious, too!
2-3 tbsp Green Chilli Sauce
3 medium sized potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 veg stock cube
Salt & Pepper
150ml single cream (optional)
Chopped coriander to garnish (optional)
- Cut the ends off the leeks, roughly chop and wash them under running water.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into rough cubes. Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat oil in a large pan on a high heat, add all the chopped and sliced ingredients and saute the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the stock cube into a jug, pour in 1 litres of boiling water and stir to dissolve, then pour into the veg pan.
- Add 2-3 tbsp Green Chilli Sauce and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes stirring regulary. until the vegetables are soft. Then remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Puree the mixture until smooth using a stick blender or food processor. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the soup and swirl the cream on the top if using