Lime Chilli marinated Tofu Casserole with Ginger Lime Sauce
Lime Chilli marinated Tofu Casserole with Ginger Lime SauceCreate a flavoursome nutritious Tofu Casserole by marinating tofu in our zingy lime chilli marinade. Tofu contains loads of protein, but can be very bland, so combining with Jethros Lime Chilli and Oregano Marinade makes tofu taste amazing. Using the tofu in a casserole with our Ginger Lime sauce enables you to create a comforting and substantial dish full of flavours which everyone will enjoy.
For best results prepare the tofu the night before and leave marinading in the fridge.
- 2 tbsp Lime Chilli Marinade
- 400g tofu
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Lime Ginger Sauce
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100ml coconut milk(stir can well)
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200g can lentils
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
Marinated Tofu – prepare night before for best results
Wrap the tofu in a clean tea towel and gently squeeze any moisture from it by placing between two chopping boards and placing a heavy plate/dish on top and leave for 10-15 minutes.
Chop the tofu into 2cm cubes and place in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp Lime Chilli Marinade and ensure tofu is coated.
Cover and refridgerate
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200C/180C fan
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan and add the sliced leeks. Cook gently for 5-10 minutes, seasoning with salt and black pepper, until tender.
- Add the canned tomatoes, coconut milk, 2-3 tbsp ginger lime sauce, chickpeas and lentils. Stir and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add marinated tofu and cherry tomatoes. Taste and adjust the seasoning if required. Add more Ginger Lime if a sweeter taste is preferred.
- Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve on its own or with freshly baked bread.