Red Chilli Bean Casserole
A lovely vegetarian dish this robust bean casserole is full of flavour and is very easy to make with Jethro’s Red Chilli & Garlic Sauce. Warming and hearty it is packed with lots of vegetables and pulses for slow-release energy. Serve on its own, or with brown rice or lovely just mopped up with freshly baked focaccia bread.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red Pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 green Pepper, seeds removed finely chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 500ml water
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp Jethro’s Red Chilli & Garlic Sauce
To serve : Fresh Coriander
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the peppers, onion and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Stir. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomatoe puree and water. Stir. Simmer for about 20 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the canned beans and 3 tbsp Jethro’s Red Chilli & Garlic Sauce. Stir, and simmer for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Serve withthe fresh coriander sprinkled over the top.