Sweet potato & bean chilli
Delicious, flavourful meal which is simple to make and pretty healthy too!
Suitable for vegans
2 large sweet potatoes
Jethro’s Chilli Oil
1 Large onion
1 tbsp olive oil
2 x 400g tin of mixed beans, drained
1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
2 tbls Jethro’s Red Chilli Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4
- Peel and cube the sweet potato, and toss in 1tbsp chilli oil
- Spread out in a even layer on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes
- Peel and chop the onion and deseed and chop the peppers.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a large pan, then add the onion and peppers
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring regulary then add the remaining ingredients. Add a small amount of water if needed. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with the sweet potatoes. Add rice for a more substantial meal if required