The Ultimate Beetroot Burger
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 raw beetroot, peeled & grated
- 1 courgette grated
- 2 carrots grated
- 100g porridge oats
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp Red Chilli & Garlic Sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan. Add the red onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the grated beetroot, courgette and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the tin chickpeas and add to a food processor with the egg and 2- 3 tbsp of Red Chilli Sauce. Blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the oats. Stir well to combine. Add the cooked vegetables and spring onions. Stir to combine.
- Form the mixture into about 6 burgers. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and cook the burgers for about 3 minutes on each side until firm and golden.
- Serve the burgers in buns, with spinach and salad.
Freeze any excess cooked burgers individually. Simply warm in the oven when required
Add more or less Red Chilli Sauce to suit your taste
Try serving without the bun in a feta cheese salad drizzled in Cranberry Vodka Dressing.