Tuna red chilli sweet potato fishcakes
For a healthier protein packed fishcake, why not try making these sweet potato fishcakes, lightly spiced with Red Chilli & Garlic Sauce. Adjust the amount of sauce you add, to create a mild or spicy fishcake.
- 500g Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 300g or 2 tins of Tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp of Jethro’s Red Chilli & Garlic Sauce
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 200g bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Put the Sweet Potatoes in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Cook until soft. Drain. leave to cool.
- Mix the tuna, egg, Jethro’s Red Chilli & Garlic Sauce, and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Mash the cooled sweet potato and add to the bowl of tuna. Mix well. If the mixture is to wet, add more bread crumbs.
- Form the mixture into patties, and chill for 30 minutes
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the patties and gently cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden.
Serve with a side salad, or vegetables